** Occupied: Not for rent at the moment **
Welcome to House One #A!
If you like historic homes with details like original hardwoods and light fixtures, French doors, cast iron pedestal tubs, and glass door knobs, you might love this home.
This home is near/in downtown Durham, walkable to absolutely everything (restaurants like Dos Perros, Scratch, and Parts & Labor – coffee shops such as Beyu and Cocoa Cinnamon; bars such as the Atomic, Bar Lusconi, Ponysaurus, and the Pinhook; hotels including 21C museum hotel, Marriott, and the Durham; entertainment such as the Carolina Theater, DPAC, fitness centers including the YMCA & several yoga studios).
This two-bedroom + one bath with a small private back yard is in a townhouse-style historic duplex located within an active, diverse, and engaged neighborhood in a central location: Cleveland-Holloway.
Since the home was built as a townhouse/duplex, the layout and design make for a comfortable and “whole” feeling home.
- Spacious at 1,075 square feet (two floors);
- Two bedrooms (large ‘master’ bedroom and small 2nd bedroom — both upstairs);
- Bathroom with pedestal tub & shower (upstairs);
- Living room with adjoining dining room (separated by French doors);
- Cozy kitchen with storage space and small screened in porch leading to back yard;
- Appliances including a gas stove, refrigerator, and washer/dryer;
- Newer electric central heat & A/C (forced air system);
- Original historic windows, doors, and glass door knobs;
- Energy-saving storm windows (newly installed);
- Refinished hardwoods throughout the house;
- Roomy front porch awaiting rocking chair(s);
- Driveway / off-street parking;
- Private fenced-in small back/side yard.
The following photos were taken prior to occupancy by the current tenant when the renovation was not yet complete.
To keep posted about this property, email us at porchlifeproductions at gmail.com.