Welcome to House One #A! (Currently Rented)
If you like historic homes with details like original hardwoods, doors, and windows, vintage chandeliers, and cast iron pedestal tubs, you might love this home! It is situated on a wonderful street in a vibrant part of the city, close to absolutely everything.
Located downtown in the warm and welcoming Cleveland Holloway neighborhood, this home is walkable (within a half-mile) to: restaurants like Dos Perros, Scratch, and Parts & Labor – coffee shops such as Beyu and Cocoa Cinnamon; bars including the Atomic, Arcana, Fullsteam, Ponysaurus, and the Pinhook; hotels with bars/restaurants including the 24/7 21C museum hotel, the Durham (rooftop bar), and the new Unscripted Durham (with pool); theaters including the Carolina Theater and DPAC; and fitness centers including the YMCA & several yoga studios.
This two-bedroom + one bath with a small private back yard is available October 1st in a townhouse-style historic duplex located within an active, diverse, and engaged neighborhood in a central location: Cleveland-Holloway.
Since the home was built as historically as a townhouse/duplex, the layout and design make for a comfortable and “whole” feeling home — very private and quiet.
- Spacious at 1,075 square feet (two floors);
- Two bedrooms (large ‘master’ bedroom and small 2nd bedroom — both upstairs);
- Bathroom with pedestal tub & shower (upstairs);
- Living room with adjoining dining room;
- Cozy kitchen with storage space and small screened in breezeway leading to back yard;
- Appliances including a flat-top stove, refrigerator, and washer/dryer;
- Newer central A/C and heat HVAC system (forced air system);
- Original historic windows, doors, and glass door knobs;
- Energy-saving storm windows with screens (recently installed);
- Refinished hardwoods throughout the house;
- Roomy front porch awaiting rocking chair(s);
- Driveway that can fit 1-2 cars;
- Private fenced-in small back yard off of the kitchen area;
- New roof!
- Storage space in the shed (shared with tenants in #B).
Floor #1 floorplan
(for context, not to exact scale — and furniture is for illustration only)
Floor #2 floorplan
Very walkable location
And close to everything! You are downtown!
402A, looking Northwest, showing the small side-yard
Living room (looking into dining room)
Dining room (looking into living room)
Sunny kitchen (cupboards will be retouched) — and breezeway to side yard entry & driveway
Upstairs: Hallway (Bedroom #2/office to the left, master bedroom down the hallway)
Bedroom #2 / office
Bedroom #2 / office with small historic closet
Master bedroom (also has small historic closet)
- The other half of the house is occupied by very considerate, quiet tenants.
- This home is privately managed by us — a couple — and we are very responsive landlords, with professional experience as landlords for over a decade. We rent out another home down the street that we lived in for ten years.
Application fee ($25 for those completing application post-viewing only):