Welcome to House One #A! (Available, $1,300/month)
If you like historic homes with details like original hardwoods, doors, and windows, vintage chandeliers, and cast iron pedestal tubs, you might love this home! It is situated on a wonderful street in a vibrant part of the city, close to absolutely everything.
Located downtown in the warm and welcoming Cleveland Holloway neighborhood, this home is walkable (within a half-mile) to: restaurants like Dos Perros, Scratch, and Parts & Labor – coffee shops such as Beyu and Cocoa Cinnamon; bars including the Atomic, Arcana, Fullsteam, Ponysaurus, and the Pinhook; hotels with bars/restaurants including the 24/7 21C museum hotel, the Durham (rooftop bar), and the new Unscripted Durham (with pool); theaters including the Carolina Theater and DPAC; and fitness centers including the YMCA & several yoga studios.
This two-bedroom + one bath (unfurnished) with a small private back yard is available January 1st in a townhouse-style historic duplex located within an active, diverse, and engaged neighborhood in a central location.
Since the home was built as historically as a townhouse/duplex, the layout and design make for a comfortable and “whole” feeling home — very private and quiet.
- Spacious at 1,075 square feet (two floors);
- Two bedrooms (large ‘master’ bedroom and small 2nd bedroom — both upstairs);
- Bathroom with pedestal tub & shower (upstairs);
- Living room with adjoining dining room;
- Cozy kitchen with storage space and small screened in breezeway leading to back yard;
- Appliances including a flat-top stove, refrigerator, and washer/dryer;
- Newer central A/C and heat HVAC system (forced air system);
- Original historic windows, doors, and glass door knobs;
- Energy-saving storm windows with screens (recently installed);
- Refinished hardwoods throughout the house;
- Roomy front porch awaiting rocking chair(s);
- Driveway that can fit 1-2 cars;
- Private fenced-in small back yard off of the kitchen area;
- New roof!
- Storage space in the shed (shared with tenants in #B).
Floor #1 floorplan
(for context, not to exact scale — and furniture is for illustration only)
Floor #2 floorplan
Very walkable location
And close to everything! You are downtown!
402A, looking Northwest, showing the small side-yard
Living room (looking into dining room)
Dining room (looking into living room)
Sunny kitchen (cupboards will be retouched) — and breezeway to side yard entry & driveway
Upstairs: Hallway (Bedroom #2/office to the left, master bedroom down the hallway)
Bedroom #2 / office
Bedroom #2 as office
Master bedroom (also has small historic closet)
- The other half of the house is occupied by very considerate, quiet tenants.
- This home is privately managed by us — a couple — and we are very responsive landlords, with professional experience as landlords for over a decade. We rent out another home down the street that we lived in for ten years.
- $1,300/month plus utilities
- Lease is 6 months with (preferred) option to renew for one year
- $1,300 security deposit
- Pets welcome on case-by-case basis (inquire)
- Contact Eleni to set up a screening with our current tenant: email@example.com
- Landlords maintain main yard; tenants responsible for small fenced-in side-yard
Application fee ($25 for those completing application post-viewing only):